Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 13 - travelling home

After the excitement of last night, it was a good thing that I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway! We were instructed to be in the lobby with all of our luggage by 3:45 AM, so we could leave at 4 AM. It was very early, but our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:00 AM and it was an international flight. Most of us also decided not to sleep that night so that we could sleep on our many plane rides. Actually, not everyone left at the same time, but 7 of us were on the same flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hong Kong, and 5 of us flew from Hong Kong to San Francisco together. Though our seats were not together, it was really nice to be able to travel together, especially for the 12 hour flight across the Pacific. I guess I was more tired than I thought, because I fell asleep before the flight even took off for two of my flights, and during my last flight to Baltimore (which I was alone for), I think I only woke up when the flight attendants brought food and drinks. The best part of the travelling was finally being able to eat American food. Though we were only gone for 2 weeks, the Vietnamese food didn't always sit well with all of us. We basically ran to the Subway in the San Francisco airport, and I swear it tasted even better than ususal! I was sad to say goodbye to everyone as we went to our separate flights, but I was glad to see my parents and brother in Baltimore. My flight even got in early, so we got to start driving home to York before midnight and I was so happy to sleep in my bed rather than an airplane seat!

Now that I've been back in the States for several days and have readjusted to life here and the time zone (and caught up on my blogging!), I miss being in Vietnam. It was a great trip and definitely an adventure. I really learned a lot and am excited to explore more cultures, and maybe even return to Vietnam, in the future!

1 comment: